Number of Passengers:
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains in general terms how Lux Travel Consultants LLP (trading as The Lux Travel Group) Registered in England No. OC370447 – IATA number: 91-2 8531-6 and its subsidiaries, related bodies corporate and franchisees (collectively referred to in this document as “The Lux Travel Group”, “Lux Travel Consultants”, “we” “our” or “us”) protect the privacy of your personal information. We are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information and maintain various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information in our care.
By providing personal information to us (or allowing another person to do so on your behalf), you agree that this Notice will apply to how we handle your personal information and you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal information as detailed in this Notice. If you do not agree with any part of this Notice, you must not provide your personal information to us and this may affect the services we can provide to you. In this Notice, where we say “disclose”, this includes to transfer, share, send, or otherwise make available or accessible your personal information to another person or entity.
Here at The Lux Travel Group we take your security and privacy very seriously. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information supplied. This includes appropriate measures against unauthorised access, modifications, misuse and disclosure.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required. This destruction of personal information will be by secure means, for example shredding, pulping or disintegration.
Identifiable information is stored on servers that are not publicly available. Further, personally identifiable information is only accessed by The Lux Travel Group employees on a ‘need-to-know’ basis.
The Lux Travel Group is in a position to collect and process certain personal information of yours in order to perform our usual business activities that include booking travel related services on behalf of you. However, as a well-reputed travel agency in the UK for more than 4 decades, we are highly committed to protecting your personal data and privacy via various physical, technological, electronic and other relevant controls in place.
By providing any of your personal information to our official email correspondences, over the official phone calls, by written documents to the authorised personnel and by any other means, you agree that the below stated privacy policies are understood and will apply to how we handle your details. By doing so you explicitly give us the consent to collect and process your personal details as detailed below.
The Personal Information that We Collect
Any information that is necessary to facilitate your booking and to confirm any travel related product or service on behalf of you will be collected, used and disclosed to the relevant parties. Accordingly, we collect the below information on business purpose:
- Basic contact details and information of the main and other travellers. This includes your name and the names of the passengers accompanying you, residential or mailing addresses, contact numbers including residential and mobile and email addresses
- Payment details – credit or debit card details, including the type of the card, number of the card, security/pin number and expiry date
- Passport details
- Frequent flyer details including any loyalty programme related details of yours
- Information about your dietary requirements and health issues, if necessary
- Other travel arrangement related details required by the relevant travel service providers. For example, airlines, accommodation provider, tour operator etc.
- Relevant details explicitly provided by you for any other purposes than travelling. For example, the details pertaining to your participation in one of our social media competitions.
Sources of Collecting Your Information
In general, we collect your information for the business purpose and in order to carry out our regular business functions. The below-listed sources will be sued to collect your personal information:
- When you inquire with us either in person, by telephone, letter, email for any travel related purposes or in general;
- When you purchase or book any of our travel arrangements or other travel products and services;
- When you visit our websites or any affiliated websites;
- When you get in touch with us via our official social media channels;
- When you subscribe to our newsletters to receive our promotions and marketing materials;
- When a third party is booking or confirming a travel arrangement on behalf of you. For example, someone making a booking for a family or a group of friends.
It becomes your responsibility to keep us informed with immediate effect in instances where your personal information is shared with us by a third party without your consent.
Protection of Personal Information
Your information will be stored on secure file servers protected by industry standard firewalls. Data is backed up on secondary servers and tape backup. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to inquire about the details we hold on you.
Your Payment Details
As part of the booking transaction, we will collect payment details from you including your credit card details. The Lux Travel Group will only use this information to gain payment for services rendered and your credit card details will be removed from our servers. In certain occasions, we will contact you via telephone to confirm these details. The Lux Travel Group will never request for your payment details via e mail and we urge you not to send such information via e mail and to use our secure payment portal to enter your credit card details.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information in instances where:
- It becomes necessary to confirm your booking;
- It becomes our suppliers’ action to proceed with your travel arrangements (this occurs where we act as an agent for the related travel product or service provider. For example, booking a hotel on behalf of you);
- It comes to process your payment;
- It becomes necessary to comply with certain legal obligations;
- It becomes important to give certain travel advice and notices.
We may use your personal information to:
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send you our e-newsletter and other news relating to our business which may be of interest to you, where you have signed up for such information via email or other means (you can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
At no time will The Lux Travel Group provide your personal information to a third party unless you have provided us with your express consent.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider. We will share information only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
The Lux Travel Group has an opt-in email alert service which requires your email address to sign up. Your e mail address will only be used for marketing useful information about The Lux Travel Group services and offers. We will not rent, sell or share your email address with any third party. You can unsubscribe from our emails anytime.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable physical, technical, managerial and organizational precautions to prevent loss of, misuse of or the alteration of personal information provided by you. All personal information given to use over the internet is protected by password and firewall protection.
Use of Your Personal Details Overseas
We might release your personal details to certain overseas receivers, as set out below. We would make sure that any such global transfers are either essential for the presentation of a contract amid you and the overseas receiver or are liable to suitable or appropriate safeguards as required by your native data protection laws (e.g. GDPR). We would supply you with photocopies of the appropriate safeguard papers on demand.
It is likely that details would be conveyed to an overseas receiver (other than any of our overseas associated units) situated in a jurisdiction where you would not be able to pursue compensation beneath your local data protection laws and that does not have an equal level of data safeguard as in your dominion. To the degree allowed by your native data protection laws, we would not be responsible for how these overseas receivers manage, stock and go through your personal details.
Travel service providers located overseas – In offering our services to you, it might be essential for us to reveal personal details to appropriate overseas travel service providers. We deal with various different travel service providers all around the world, so the site of a travel service provider appropriate to your personal details would be based on the travel services being offered. The appropriate travel service providers would in many instances get your personal details in the country in which they would offer the services to you or in which their business or management is founded.
Our third-party service providers situated overseas – We might also release your personal details to third parties situated overseas for the purpose of executing services for us, plus the storing and handling of such details. Usually, we would only release your personal details to these overseas receivers in the hope of easing your travel booking and/or to allow the performance of administrative and technical services by them on behalf of us.
Your Privileges in Connection to the Personal Details We Gather
If you want to:
- upgrade, alter, delete or get a copy of the personal details that we have on you; or
- limit or stop us from utilising any of the personal details which we have on you, as well as retreating any agreement you have earlier offered to the handling of such details; or
- where any personal details have been handled on the foundation of your agreement or is essential to do an agreement to which you are a party, ask for a copy of such personal details in an appropriate setup.
You could ask for these by emailing us at the official address set out in our contact section of this website. You would get awareness of your appeal and we would notify you of the timeframe in which you would get your detail pack.
Kindly keep in mind that, if you ask that we limit or stop using personal details we have on you or remove an agreement you have earlier provided to the handling of such details, this might impact our capability to offer services to you or damagingly affect the services we could offer you. For instance, many travel reservations need to be made below the traveller’s full name and have to consist of contact details and proper identification (e.g. passport details).
We can’t make reservations for you without those details. You should always supply the correct details and you accept to upgrade it whenever needed. You also consent that, in the lack of an upgrade, we could presume that the details provided to us is right unless we later become mindful that it is not accurate.
In any of the circumstances mentioned above, we might ask that you verify your identity by supplying us with a copy of an authentic method of identification in order for us to abide by our security duties and to stop the illegal release of personal details.
We may use certain third-party web analytics tools, technologies and services on our websites, social media channels and mobile apps in order to analyse the user’s behaviour on our online platforms.
The Lux Travel Group logs all activity on its websites for:
- System administration reasons, i.e. tracking faults with the sites.
- For planning purposes – to monitor the effectiveness of campaigns and to keep track of the most visited destinations.
This tracking will store the IP address of your computer and the pages you visit on our site. We will not associate this with any personal information and this information is only used for planning and troubleshooting. We use this information for our own purposes and do not pass this information on to third parties (with the exception of general trend information).
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. They may also be used to track your return visits to our sites.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to:
- keep track of you whilst you navigate the website
- prevent fraud and increase website security
Links to Other Websites
The Lux Travel Group website may contain links to other websites for ease of use. However, once you have clicked a link and left our website it should be noted that we do not have control over that website. Thus, we are not responsible for the protection of any information you provide while visiting such a site. Please ensure that you read the privacy statement applicable to the respective website in question prior to providing personal information.
You can get in touch via phone, email and post:
Address: Suite 9, 2 Station Court, Townmead Rd, London, SW6 2PY
Telephone: 0044 (0) 20 7736 0360
Latest update: May 2018